[HNA] viaje a NYC & other updates

Simon Rios elektrodread at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 11:50:19 PDT 2009

Compañer at s!

I'm happy to inform you that we have decided to take a trip from Boston to
New York City to demonstrate in front of the United Nations headquarters in
celebration of the resistance in Honduras. The demo will occur on Friday,
the 28th of August, though the exact details are pending. At least four of
the compas from the solidarity committee will be attending, and if anyone
else is willing to attend we should coordinate carpools/buses/etc ASAP.

At our last event we succeeded in raising some $1,600 dollars for the
resistance, and there is much energy to continue with events like this.
Thank you to Sam Adams & to Isabel for the contribution of 11 cases of fine
ale & lager (I, for one, will continue drinking this beverage with a renewed
vigor) and to the Venezuelan consulate for contributing plentiful amounts of
delicous empanadas! The event was a tremendous success & I think it's safe
to say everyone had a great time.

Further, a comrade in Honduras has informed us that there will be a
large-scale fast commencing in early september. There are calls for
international solidarity in all its expressions. More to come on that...

Lastly, I just got off the phone with Zack de la Rocha from Rage Against the
Machine. He's busy recording an album now, but is very eager to participate
with us in the coming months. Our vision is to organize a concert/benefit
for the Frente Contra el Golpe de Estado.

We hope more folks can come to the next meeting of the Committee, which will
be announced shortly.

In solidarity,
simon