[HNA] Urgent: No to a meeting by Hillary Clinton with the Honduran coup-makers in Washington!

Sergio Reyes sreyes1 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 22 13:05:04 PDT 2009

No to a meeting by Hillary Clinton with the Honduran coup-makers in Washington!

Call the State Department (202-647-4000) Monday 8/24/09; ask ten friends to call!

According to State Department spokesperson Ian Kelly, an official delegation of the regime installed by military coup in Honduras is invited to Washington to meet with U.S. "officials". The meeting will be to work "toward restoration of democratic and constitutional power in Honduras."

The dictatorial regime has used violence for two months, including the murders of union members by gunfire. It is an illegal regime. The Organization of American States has said so, with the U.S. voting to that effect. Argentina and other countries have expelled the Honduran coup regime's diplomats.

Welcoming an official delegation to Washington would obstruct restoration of democratic constitutional power in Honduras and would legitimize the illegal regime.

We ask everyone who cares about the right of the Hondurans to be free from a military-installed dictatorship to call the State Department Monday, at 202-647-4000, to ask for cancellation of any meeting in Washington with the dictator or his representatives and supporters. Each of us will be personally requesting for ten friends/family-members to make this call, and we urge you to do the same.

Please inform the Committee in Solidarity with the Resistance to the Coup in Honduras that you have made a call. We will make available information afterward about how many calls are made and about any public statements we receive protesting this planned meeting.

Committee in Solidarity with the Resistance to the Coup in Honduras
Web: http://www.hondurasresists.org
Email: info at hondurasresists.org
Phone: 617-610-3784