[HNA] Emergency Delegation to Honduras

Simon Rios elektrodread at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 06:38:08 PDT 2009

*Compañer at s,*

*I received this email yesterday saying there are currently no delegations
in Honduras. Tito Meza & I spoke about organizing one ourselves, but if
there is any immediate interest please contact these folks:
*

*
*

*EMERGENCY DELEGATION TO HONDURAS
August 2-9, 2009*

RESPOND As Soon As Possible …

Dear friends,

Please Join an Emergency Delegation to Honduras!

Yesterday we received a request from social movements in Honduras for
international accompaniment during this critical period. Starting next week,
there are no international delegations scheduled to be in Honduras.

Last weekend, when there was a space between delegations, a social movement
leader was murdered with signs of torture, and a bomb exploded in
Tegucigalpa at a union headquarters  which is part of the National Front
Against the Coup.

Social movement leaders are vulnerable and have asked for an emergency
delegation to arrive this Sunday, to maintain an international presence and
witness to events on the ground. The Quixote Center/Quest for Peace is
committed to respond to this request.

Please consider participating in this Emergency Delegation to Honduras from
August 2-9th. We are still working out details, but our partners on the
ground in Honduras have begun planning, and will guarantee a schedule
including meetings and activities as events unfold. The cost of the trip
will include round trip airfare plus $700 for in country expenses. If you
can join us in Honduras, please send an email to toml at quixote.org.

Thank you for your solidarity!

Tom Loudon
Quixote Center