[HNA] Zelaya letter to Obama... will not accept restitution

Michelle Fuentes michelle.fuentes at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 20:09:03 PST 2009

On Radio Globo this evening, President Manuel Zelaya read a letter directed
to President Obama where he stated, " I will not accept any restitution that
poses legitimizing the farse of the elections under current conditions,
for that would legitimize the coup and does  not recognize the The WILL of
the people of HONDURAS" President Zelaya

He also stated in the letter, "As the only recognized President of Honduras
I state, that ANY governmnet recognizing the elections and results of the
elections are jeapordizing their relationship with Honduras."

In comments after reading the letter President Zelaya stated, " They have
forgotten the pain and the abuses received by the Honduran people. They have
forgotten the deaths, the tortures- on those in peaceful demonstrations of
their rights.  I HAVE NOT FORGOTTEN, My wife Xiomara, my daughter Pichu, my
supporters, those with me, the Honduran people have not forgotten and
we will not forget."

 -Michelle Fuentes

"Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does
not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children."   Kahlil
Gibran