[HNA] English Communique No. 40

Michelle Fuentes michelle.fuentes at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 19:38:40 PST 2009

 Sunday November 29, 2009
Communiqué No. 40<http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&ie=utf-8&langpair=auto%7Cen&u=http://contraelgolpedeestadohn.blogspot.com/2009/11/comunicado-no-40_29.html&tbb=1&rurl=translate.google.com&twu=1&usg=ALkJrhh6hbRdysaP463kNqqwxowqpOj2UQ>
 National Front of the Popular Resistance Against Coup
REPORTING THE FAILURE OF THE ELECTORAL FARCE

With satisfaction we announce to the Honduran people and the international
community that the electoral farce staged by the dictatorship has been
soundly defeated due to the meager turnout at the polls, to the extent that
the Electoral Court coup had to extend voting for another hour until 5 pm

What is visible does not need glasses to be seen.  The monitoring our
national organization conducted demonstrated the level of abstention is at
least 65 to 70%, the highest in the nation's history, which means that just
voted for a maximum of 30 to 35% of the electorate.

In this way the Honduran people have punished candidates coup and
dictatorship, who are now in the conundrum of how to display before the
international public a volume of voters that did not exist. We denounce that
it had resorted to fraudulent practices such as bringing Salvadorans related
to the ARENA Party,  to vote in our country, as reported by farmers in the
town of Magdalena, Intibucá.  We expect  attempts to increase the volume of
votes by manipulating electronic voting.

The desperation of the de facto regime caused the brutal repression of a
peaceful demonstration held in the city of San Pedro Sula, where several
comrades were wounded, beaten and arrested.  There is a report of
one missing person. *Among the injured reported is a reporter from REUTERS
and  two priests of the Latin American Council of Churches who were workin
on human rights observation.**
*
Whereas this represents a major victory of the Honduran people, the National
Front of Resistance calls on all the Honduran people in resistance to
celebrate tomorrow- the defeat of the dictatorship.

Tegucigalpa has convened at a Great Assembly tomorrow Monday, November 30 at
12pm at the headquarters of STYBIS and there will be a Caravan of Victory
against the electoral farce beginning at  3 pm leaving Planet Cipango

¡RESISTIMOS Y VENCEREMOS!
Tegucigalpa, MDC 29 de noviembre de 2009 Tegucigalpa, MDC November 29, 2009
--

-Michelle Fuentes

"Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does
not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children."   Kahlil
Gibran