[HNA] [Fwd: URGENT! Our Solidarity Paid Ad in Honduras El Tiempo & Liberador on Feb 24!]

Tom Loudon toml at quixote.org
Wed Feb 17 10:30:45 PST 2010

*/Dear Colleagues of the U.S. Network in Solidarity with the Honduras
Resistance Front,/*

In accordance with our phone call last night, we, the U.S. organizations
in solidarity with the resistance, will be _placing a full page paid ad_
in */El Tiempo/* and */El Liberador/* on that day.

Vicki and Alexy from La Voz de los de Abajo in Chicago are drafting the
text.  Vicki will e-mail the draft text on Saturday for review and
comment.

Tito from Boston is making arrangements with both newspapers.  The
estimated cost for the two ads is $2,000.

We at CRLN agreed on the conference call to collect the funds and wire
the funds to the newspapers in Honduras on February 23.  On the
conference call, we agreed to ask signing organizations to contribute
$25 to $100 each to pay for the ad.  So far, we have $1,000 pledged from
organizations that were the conference call.  However, not all members
of the network were on the conference call.

That means we need to raise $1,000 from the other organizations, and
other groups that wish to join in signing.  CRLN agreed to collect and
wire the money to the newspapers in Honduras.  _Checks should be made
out to and mailed to CRLN, with "Honduras Paid Ad" in the memo_.

*The deadline* for signing is *Tuesday, February 22, by 5:00* pm central
time.   Please put you checks in the mail ASAP, and _e-mail to me
(/gcozette at crln.org <mailto:gcozette at crln.org>/) the name person, the
title if there is one, and the organization that will be signing, and
how much you pledge toward the ad_.   If you would prefer that we list
your organization only, please note this.  Depending on how the replies
come in, we may decide to use only organization names.  If you have an
objection to this, please advise me of such when you reply.

I wait your reply and your checks.

//Gary L. Cozette, Program Director//

//Chicago//// Religious Leadership Network on Latin America (CRLN)//

//4750 N. Sheridan Road #429////, Chicago, IL 60640//// - USA//

//Tel: 773.293.2964    Email:////  ////gcozette at crln.org
<mailto:gcozette at crln.org>////    Web:  ////www.crln.org
<http://www.crln.org/>//