[HNA] help save Felix Molina's radio show!

Tom Loudon toml at quixote.org
Thu Feb 25 07:51:14 PST 2010

Last week, on my last day in Honduras Felix Molina and Bertha Oliva
asked for a meeting to talk about the future of Felix's evening program
on Radio Globo.  Although it is the most listened to show on Radio
Globo, ultimately, Felix has to come up with $3,000.00 each month to
stay on the air.

Many of you are aware of the important role which Felix's show plays in
Honduras, given the war that has been waged against any media which
speaks out against the coup.  Felix's early evening - 5 day a week
program is a consistent voice providing analysis and reporting against
the coup, and is pretty much alone in terms of a program with national
reach.   The local radios are obviously important, but his is the only
regular national anti-coup program.

The situation which Felix and Bertha presented to me is that they have
funding secured to pay for the broadcast for the next year, beginning in
May 2010, but in order for the program to continue, they  need to come
up with enough *funds to pay for February, March and April- nearly
$10,000.00.*

I said I would do what I can to spread the word.  We at the Quixote
Center are willing to collect any funds people are able to send to help
keep Felix's program on the air.  We will send them everything we are
able to raise.  I know many of you understand the importance of this
program, and hopefully will be willing to contribute to this effort.  If
you send checks, please send them to:
 Quixote Center
PO Box 5206,
Hyattsville, MD 20782.
Put 'Radio Globo 'in the note line

Could you all please send this note out to your lists?  I think that
together we can help to keep Felix's program on the air.

Thanks,
 Tom Loudon