[HNA] Radio Liberada (Honduras) Back on the Air!

Sergio Reyes sreyes1 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 28 08:26:22 PST 2010

--- On Thu, 1/28/10, Sofia JarrinT <sofiajt at yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Sofia JarrinT <sofiajt at yahoo.com>
Subject: Radio Liberada Back on the Air!
To: "Sofía Jarrín" <sofiajt at yahoo.com>
Date: Thursday, January 28, 2010, 10:06 AM

My dear friends,

With great happiness I inform you that thanks to you contributions, Radio Liberada is back on the air! Below you will find a statement (with a rushed translation) about the mobilizations yesterday: the myriad of emotions of sadness and hope of Hondurans who gathered in Tegucigalpa to say goodbye to their President Mel Zelaya. As listened to Radio Progreso yesterday reporting live from the airport, I heard the cries of people who were crushed to see him go. And yet, the struggle goes on.

Thanks again for your support!

peace,
Sofía
Radio Liberada, after many complications, is back on the air with the situation that we are living in Honduras. I´m sending you audio of the mobilization today in Tegucigalpa, which is said to be the largest march in the country´s history, to reaffirm people´s demands for a democratic Constitutional Assembly, representative of the people, to ask for Porfirio Lobo´s resignation for supporting the coup, and to accompany José Manuel
Zelaya Rosales in his departure from the country. A dignified and resounding goodbye to show the maturity of the Popular Front of National Resistance in its construction of organizing and of autonomous processes. I´m sending audio of the march, testimonies, voices of women, of the resistance, of dignity. Thanks to our compañera Isa for sharing her story with us today.

I CAME BACK BECAUSE I NEVER LEFT

Today, the city was that of resistance. Dozens of men, women, youth, and children filled the streets. They came with banners and signs, you could see graffitti on every wall. Cries of protests turned into murals. Protest, songs and poetry under a single heart. The people waited upright the departure of their President Jose Manuel Zelaya. A people with a daring, brave heart, filled with hope, while they looked ahead and above to the snipers perched on the airport´s buildings. The people spilled on the streets dressed in color as if for a holiday, with happiness. A people who showed to be only armed with words, music, noise, warmth, and patience. A body of ilusions against the body of repression.

This day we won because with us were the laughter of Wendy, the silent look of Isis and Walter, the hardworking hads of Renán, the spirit of all our dead and martyrs, while on the other side of the city people celebrated without sadness nor much glory, the transfer of the presidential power. A power that we don´t recognize nor we want, because we have our own, that which is born from strength and our tears, from our smiles and people´s clear call (for justice), that which is born from sincere laughter.

Artists, feminists, women, indigenous people, campesinos and campesinas, people from the market, intellectuals, workers, students, the men and now, after due to their demands, women who stubbornly (defend the country). Little by little we recognize each other and find a body marked by the resistance of that which we think, love and live. A body that just like the graffitti says: came back because he/she never left. A body that gives us our spirit of stuggle and remind us that is good to be alive. A body of survival that has a long road ahead of us. We are here and we go on.

Tegucigalpa, January 21, 2010

manitas negras
¡nunca se raja!
http://radioeslodemenos.blogspot.com

Radio Liberada, despues de transitar por
múltiples inconvenientes, regresamos a la difusión de la situación que
se vive en Honduras, ahora envío los audios de la movilización de hoy en Tegucigalpa, en la que se dice que es probablemente la marcha más
grande en la historia del país, para reafirmar la demanda por la Asamblea Nacional
Constituyente, democrática, representativa y popular, exigir la
salida del golpista Porfirio Lobo y acompañar al presidente José Manuel
Zelaya Rosales en su salida del país, uan despedida digna y contundente, y una muestra de la madurez del Frente Nacional de Resistencia Popular
en su construcción de formas de organicidad y procesos autónomos...
envío anexos los audios de esta marcha, los testimonios, las voces de
las mujeres, de la resistencia, de la dignidad... Gracias a la compañera Isla que nos comparte su crónica de hoy

REGRESE, PORQUE NUNCA ME FUI

Hoy, la
ciudad fue de la resistencia. Decenas de hombres, mujeres, jóvenes,
niños y niñas llenaron las calles. A la par de la marcha que venía con mantas y pancartas,
se veían los grafitis que empezaban a poblar, nuevamente las paredes.
Gritos hechos murales. Protestas, canciones y poesía bajo un solo
corazón. Un pueblo que esperaba de pie, la partida de su Presidente: José Manuel Zelaya. Un pueblo que tiene el corazón valiente y
atrevido, esperanzado, mientras miraba de frente y hacia arriba a los
francotiradores apostados en las torres del aeropuerto. Un pueblo que se derramó por las calles vestido de fiesta y color, de alegría. Un pueblo que demostró estar armado de palabras,
música, ruido, calor  y paciencia. Un cuerpo entero de ilusiones contra
un cuerpo entero de represión.

Este día ganamos. Porque nos acompañan la risa de la Wendy, la mirada
silenciosa de Isis y Walter, las manos laboriosas de Renán, los
espíritus de nuestros muertos-mártires,   mientras en otro lado de la
ciudad se celebra sin mucha pena, ni mucha gloria, el traspaso del poder presidencial. Un poder que no reconocemos, ni queremos, porque tenemos
el nuestro, el propio, el que nace de nuestra fuerza y nuestras
lágrimas, el de la sonrisa y el  grito limpio de la gente, el que nace
de la franca carcajada.

Artistas, feministas, mujeres, indígenas, campesinos y campesinas, gente del mercado, intelectuales, obreros y obreras, estudiantes, necios y
ahora ante los reclamos: necias, de todo el país, poco a poco nos vamos
reconociendo y encontrando en este cuerpo marcado que es la resistencia
desde donde pensamos, amamos y vivimos. Un cuerpo que como bien dice un
grafiti: regresa, porque nunca se fue. Un cuerpo que nos da el espíritu
de lucha y que nos recordó que vale la pena estar vivas. Un cuerpo
sobreviviente, que tiene, desde ahora un largo camino por andar. Aquí
estamos y aquí seguimos.

 Tegucigalpa, 27 de enero 2010.