[HNA] Thanks for your generous support!

Tom Loudon toml at quixote.org
Thu Jun 24 07:40:05 PDT 2010

-

Quixote Center Announcement

Dear Friend,

Thanks to all of you who responded so generously to our request to
support the alternative Truth Commission in Honduras!  We surpassed our
goal!  Together you gave more than $8400.00, which was wired to the
Commission to help cover the costs of its inauguration this Sunday.

The Commission will include delegates from Ecuador, El Salvador,
Argentina, Costa Rica, Canada and Honduras.  This inauguration comes
during a time of increased violence against members of the resistance
movement.  Over the last few weeks, death threats and assassinations of
people connected to the resistance front and their children have increased.

Next Monday, June 28^th , marks the first anniversary of the coup.
Activities and actions are planned throughout the country to demonstrate
the continued strength of the resistance movement, despite a systematic
campaign of state repression perpetrated throughout the past year.

Tensions here are high at this politically charged time. Many anticipate
that violence will be directed at those participating in mobilizations
during the following days.  The Quixote Center accompaniment delegation
arrived in Honduras today and will be witnessing many of these
activities.  Visit our website for updates and reports.

Please be prepared to act in case that we find it necessary to issue a
new action alert.

Thank You again for all that you do!

Tom Loudon

*Quixote Center