[HNA] Fwd: [Presente-Honduras] Honduras Presentation from Tear Down The Walls Gathering:

Proyecto Hondureño proyectohondureno at gmail.com
Thu Nov 28 12:44:04 PST 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Matt Fu <mattfu at mediaisland.org>
Date: Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 2:34 PM
Subject: [Presente-Honduras] Honduras Presentation from Tear Down The Walls
Gathering:
To: "presente-honduras at lists.mayfirst.org" <
Presente-Honduras at lists.mayfirst.org>, Bruce Wilkinson <bruce at afgj.org>

hey everyone,

We here at 106.5 KOWA and Media Island International are busy editing all
the video and audio recordings we captured at the AFGJ Tear Down The Walls
National Gathering. I pushed for the Hunduras workshop that Mark Sullivan
and Rick Sterling put on to get finished first and here it is. Please
spread as far and wide as you see fit and email me off list at
mattfu at mediaisland.org if you have any questions or concerns. Link and text
for the workshop are below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvxOtDDWaqM

In Solidarity,
Matt Fuller
General Manager at 106.5 KOWA-FM
Caretaker at Media Island International
Vice-President at Hollow Earth Radio

This presentation and discussion, filmed by students of the Evergreen State
College, was taken from the 2013 Tear Down The Walls National Gathering in
Tucson, AZ for broadcast on TCTV and 106.5 KOWA-FM in Olympia, WA. See
below for sponsoring organizations and check out our channel for more from
this conference hosted by The Alliance For Global Justice.

Since the June 28, 2009 military coup against the government of Honduras,
systematic and serious repression is an ongoing reality for the people of
this impoverished country. The Honduran elites - primarily the oligarchy
and U.S. and Canadian corporations that have long controlled the economic,
political and social reality in this country - are responsible for these
abuses. In response, the Honduran people - students, teachers, artists,
lawyers, journalists, indigenous groups, LGBT community, campesinos
(farmers), environmentalists, and labor organizations - have established a
unifying coalition and a political party, Libertad y Refundacion (LIBRE)
that is challenging the dominant powers in Honduras in an election to be
held on November 24th. This workshop will provide information about the
election, the role of the U.S. and Canadian governments and corporations in
legitimizing and benefiting from the military coup, and about the courage
and spirit of Honduras' peaceful pro-democracy movement.

Presenting are Mark Sullivan and Rick Sterling. Workshop sponsor
organizations are the Marin Interfaith Taskforce on the Americas and the
Honduras Solidarity Network.

For more information:
http://www.kowalp.org
http://www.mediaisland.org