[HNA] Fwd: [Presente-Honduras] Saludos!

Proyecto Hondureño proyectohondureno at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 19:00:56 PDT 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Gerardo Torres <gtorreszelaya at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 5:11 PM
Subject: [Presente-Honduras] Saludos!
To: Presente Honduras <presente-honduras at lists.mayfirst.org>

Compañeros y Compañeras

Is a pleasure to write you again, the Frente Nacional de Resistencia Popular
(FNRP) is going again to the streets tomorrow. Last week we had a very
important demonstration supporting the campesinos in the valley of Aguan who
are in an open struggle for the land against the most powerful business men
in the country, the same people that made the Coup in which we still live.

This Demonstration called “La Marcha de los Sombreros” was also a
celebration that the people in Aguan have start a process of getting back
the land that is legally theirs; because of the strength of this movement
the illegal government of Pepe Lobo had to accept to discuss with the
campesino leaders. Some land was given, but this is not enough. In fact all
the land is regulated by the Agrarian Reform (Reforma Agraria), and all must
be in hands of the small producers that can decide how they want to organize
themselves and how they want to produce. The land has been stolen by the
business men with the help of the government and the military forces.

The repression continues against the leaders of the movement, especially in
the community of Guadalupe Carney in where this last week several houses
where shot by paramilitary forces, and several leaders threatened. The
campesinos of Aguan have start an important process and other campesinos and
all the other movements of the Resistance are with them, we won’t stop until
we achieve a victory in our lands and in our country.

*Tomorrow all around Honduras the Resistance is going again to the streets.

Tomorrow we present the process of the “Declaración Soberana” in which the
citizens will demand the instauration of the National Assembly for the
Creation of a Democratic and Popular Constitution. We start tomorrow and we
will present them on June 28 when the Coup gets to its first year.
*
We thank the initiatives that the compañeros and compañeras in the United
States and Canada have for tomorrow and all the actions that you have done
supporting the Resistance.
I hope to have news of the activities you make in order of letting the
people in Honduras know that we are not alone in this fight that you are
with us.

Thank you for your attention
Un Abrazo

Gerardo
*Responsible of the Frente Nacional de Resistencia Popular (FNRP) for the
relations with the people of the United States and Canada.*

Post: Presente-honduras at lists.mayfirst.org

To Unsubscribe
       Send email to:  Presente-honduras-unsubscribe at lists.mayfirst.org
       Or visit: