[HNA] Dear Colleague Letter on Honduras

Tom Loudon toml at quixote.org
Thu Mar 4 18:49:25 PST 2010

Today an excellent dear colleague letter was released signed by 9
Congresspeople condemning the human rights abuses in Honduras.  It comes
at a good moment, as Sec. Clinton will meet tomorrow with Lobos.  The
letter was sent by the Congressional offices to a wide array of people.
Within two hours of its release, we had a meeting in the State
Department, and those attending the meeting had printed copies of the
letter with them. We hope that subsequent steps may be possible to
continue pressuring the government of Honduras to stop the repression.

You can get a copy of the letter at:
http://quixote.org/sites/qc/files/Honduras%20Human%20Rights-1.pdf