[HNA] U.S. to Resume Aid to Honduras

Brian O'Connell vinniechops at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 5 11:04:39 PST 2010

Did the aid ever stop?

Found this gem hidden down at the bottom of page A8 today in the NYT. So it's official, we support coup's that stage fake elections and murder women and children in cold blood. Or is that even news? It shouldn't be to any of us.

Am I being too harsh? Well, I'm sorry then. I just don't have the professionalism of Hillary Clinton and Lanny Davis.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/05/world/americas/05briefs-clinton.html?ref=world

U.S. to Resume Aid to Honduras

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton said Thursday that the Obama administration would resume aid to Honduras that was suspended after a coup last year and urged Latin American nations to recognize the new Honduran government. Mrs. Clinton said the Honduran government that took office in January was democratically elected, was reconciling the population split by last June’s coup and deserved normal relations with countries that cut ties after the ouster of the former president. But Human Rights Watch said opponents of the coup had been killed, detained and attacked over the past month.