[HNA] English Manifesto- Second National Meeting for the Re-founding of Honduras

Tito Meza proyectohondureno at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 08:03:13 PDT 2010

*Second National Meeting for the Re-founding  of Honduras *
*First Session of The National Popular Democratic Constituent Assembly*

Manifesto

Collected and assembled in the City La Esperanza, sponsored by hope, the men
and women from 17 departments of the country, we have met with Honduras, in
order to see each other, to discuss and strengthen through dialogue our
knowledge, to share our experiences and dreams in an effort to reshape our
country.

This Second Meeting for Re- founding Honduras was characterized by the
ancestral spirituality, creativity, sharing of diversity and in-depth long
and the  arduous exercise of installing a National Constituent Assembly to
express The People's Democratic proposals that are the cornerstones of our
process of founding the country.

We manifest before the people of Honduras:

1.That we continue in resistance against the coup plotters and their
national and international partners, therefore we do not recognize the
fraudulent government of Porfirio Lobo.

2. That we continue in the construction of the historical proposals of
Honduran social movement, who aim to eradicate the systems of racism,
patriarchy and of neoliberal dominance.

3. We insist on building, from diverse sectors, voices, and experiences a
lifestyle that is fair, decent and happy for every Honduran and that have
been expressed beforehand in the struggles for land, for justice, for the
defense of natural wealth and respect for human rights

4. That we continue to use our legitimate and sovereign right to exercise
the people’s popular power. This power of the people, is beyond
representative characters and is therefore legitimate and able to delegate
or to revoke such representation.

5. That we will not give up on the purpose  of the installation of the
Popular Democratic National Constituent Assembly, where the thoughts,
diversity and struggle of the people of Honduras are recognized and
integrated into their leadership.

We express our solidarity in this moment, the struggles waged by the
national organizations of teachers, the union's national university
(SITRAUNAH), the people of San Francisco and Nacaome Opalaca against the
construction of dams and the struggle for the land by the Unified Movement
of Peasants Aguán, we sympathize with Manuel Zelaya Rosales and Father
Andres Tamayo, Hondurans and other exiles, the product of political
persecution and demand respect for their right to re- enter the national
territory. Similarly we actively sympathize with the political  prisoners
and those persecuted  and demand the immediate release of 10 peasants
prisoners imprisoned for defending their land.

The Second Meeting for Re-founding Honduras is another step in this process
re-foundation and resistance, that does not end here, but is open and
invites the multiple and diverse grassroots actions to help accomplish the
task of building a new Honduras.

>From this ancestral territory of Lenca resistance, with the rebellious
spirit of Lempira, on the 14th day of March, 2010.